The holidays are here, and so is shopping season. Here’s a helpful guide for getting soon-to-be or brand new parents what they really want (or need).
For practical parents.
- Bibs and burp cloths: Because you can never have too many.
- Delicious food: Homemade, pre-made, grocery trips or food delivery are always appreciated. Just be sure to ask about allergies or dietary restrictions. You could also toss in a gift certificate to restaurants that deliver.
- Baby wraps: The latest in stylish, hands-free holding. Baby stays close while you move around comfortably.
- Kneepad for the side of the tub: An unexpected bathtime necessity that saves you from sore knees while baby gets clean.
For night owls.
- Books, books and more books: It’s never too early to start reading to baby. The little one might not appreciate the variety, but parents will.
- Great local coffee: To help parents stay awake when life demands it.
For all parents.
- Free shovel service: Show up after a snowfall and take one task off of new parents’ to-do lists.
Massage gift certificate: Extra points if you volunteer to babysit during the appointment.
- Babysitting gift certificate: Give new parents a night out. Or in. Either way, taking over the newborn duties for a night can go a long way. Even showing up to hold the baby for awhile so parents can take care of small tasks is helpful. Just make sure to call ahead.