The holidays are here, and so is shopping season. Here’s a helpful guide for getting soon-to-be or brand new parents what they really want (or need).
For practical parents.
- Bibs and burp cloths: Because you can never have too many.
- Delicious food: Homemade, pre-made, grocery trips or food delivery are always appreciated. Just be sure to ask about allergies or dietary restrictions. You could also toss in a gift certificate to restaurants that deliver.
- Baby wraps: The latest in stylish, hands-free holding. Baby stays close while you move around comfortably.
- Kneepad for the side of the tub: An unexpected bathtime necessity that saves you from sore knees while baby gets clean.
For night owls.
- Books, books and more books: It’s never too early to start reading to baby. The little one might not appreciate the variety, but parents will.
- Great local coffee: To help parents stay awake when life demands it.
For all parents.
- Free shovel service: Show up after a snowfall and take one task off of new parents’ to-do lists.
Massage gift certificate: Extra points if you volunteer to babysit during the appointment.
- Babysitting gift certificate: Give new parents a night out. Or in. Either way, taking over the newborn duties for a night can go a long way. Even showing up to hold the baby for awhile so parents can take care of small tasks is helpful. Just make sure to call ahead.
To make an appointment with Dr. Claire Mallof