St. Luke’s Specialized Care Nursery
For the Best Beginnings
If your baby ends up needing extra support, our team will be ready to care for them. At St. Luke’s, our tiniest patients are offered the best start possible with our recently remodeled Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), also called a Specialized Care Nursery.
Staffed 24/7 by a full team of pediatric hospitalists, this space stands as a testament St. Luke’s commitment to exceptional infant care. Babies as early as 32 weeks gestation, who weigh at least 1500 grams (3.3lbs) can be cared for if they:
- Are mild to moderately ill with physiologic immaturity
- Have a condition that is expected to resolve quickly
- Private rooms, equipped with everything needed for newborn care
- Giraffe Omnibeds, which are incubators that prioritize warmth and quiet
- A centralized monitoring system that ensures constant vigilance, allowing us to swiftly respond to needs and ensure the well-being of our precious patients
Join Dr. Jordan Blessing, chair of St. Luke’s pediatric hospitalist team, on a 2-minute, behind-the-scenes tour.
Tour Our Birthing Center
Step inside the home-like comforts and hotel-like features of our Birthing Center.